It’s never easy to think about your death. However, preplanning your Scranton, PA cremation has a lot of benefits that make it worth the minor discomfort of planning for your eventual passing. Keep reading to learn more about preplanning cremations and why preplanning is good for you and your loved ones alike.
Benefits of Preplanning Cremation
Preplanning for your cremation can help both you and your loved ones in many different ways. The benefits of preplanning a cremation include:
- Easing Your Family’s Burden: Let your family know exactly what you want for your cremation so they don’t have to guess what to do after you’re gone, or spend time making painful decisions when they should be grieving with loved ones.
- Making Sure Your Wishes Are Met: Make sure you get the exact cremation and memorial service you want by taking care of the details and clearly laying them out for your friends and family. This way they won’t be able to argue or disagree.
- Creating a Meaningful Service: Memorial services are an important part of the grieving process, but your loved ones might miss out on the important benefits if they are too busy planning the event. Preplan so they don’t have to.
- Maintaining Self-Reliance: Taking charge of your memorial services and cremation allows you to maintain control and independence when you might otherwise lose them. This is good for your mental health at the end of your life, and gives you more self-reliance.
- Financial Responsibility: You can plan for how to cover the cremation costs in advance to make it easier for your family’s bank accounts and stress levels. Look into cremation insurance or funeral trusts to help ensure financial ease for your cremation and service.
Preplanning Cremation Options
There are a lot of details that go into a cremation, but it’s easy to take care of the majority of them in advance. Some of the choices you can make ahead of time for your cremation include:
- Choose what to do with your remains, from burial and scattering to more non-traditional methods of body disposal like a biodegradable urn or water internment.
- Pick out your memorial theme, like military, religious, or non-traditional.
- Decide between a funeral home or crematory for your cremation and service.
- Detail memorial or funeral specifications like preferred music, desired readings, special decorations and video displays.
- Choose your final resting place. There are a ton of options, but the main ones include: a family plot or mausoleum, columbarium, or cremation urn.
If you want more information on preplanning cremations in Scranton, PA or just on cremation services in general, Cremation Specialist of Pennsylvania, Inc. can help. We offer a range of cremation services and would be happy to offer any guidance and assistance we can. Please pay us a visit at 728 Main St Avoca, PA 18641, or give us a call at (844) 427-3672 today to learn more.