It can seem like there are millions of providers to choose from when you’re looking to perform a cremation in Harrisburg, PA. With all the available options, how do you go about choosing the cremation provider that’s best for you and your loved ones? Use these tips to help you find the ideal cremation provider that matches your plans, ideas, and price range.
Take the following factors into consideration:
- Location – Sometimes the right cremation provider isn’t necessarily in your hometown, as cremations can take place in special locations where the deceased wants to be buried or where other family members live.
- Services – Make sure the cremation provider you choose offers the services you, your family, and the deceased want. Look into services from internment options like burial, or green burial to different technologies like online obituaries, digital guest books or live streaming.
- Prices – Cremation provider service prices vary greatly, and price should be a factor in your decision.
- Independent vs. Corporate- These days, corporations own about 20% of cremation providers, and these corporations can sometimes charge 30% to 40% more for the same cremation services or accessories than privately owned providers. However, they can sometimes provide more options than private homes. Take these comparisons into consideration.
- Veteran Services – If your deceased loved one served, that should be recognized in a special way. Check that the cremation provider you’re looking at offer veteran services if necessary.
- Cultural and Religious Needs – Make sure the cremation provider you choose is able to provide you with your cultural and religious cremation or service needs.
It will never feel like the right time to start looking for a cremation provider, but you can save time, stress and even money later on if you start looking now before you need to. Preplanning which cremation provider you want will help make sure you aren’t stuck with the easiest or most accessible option when the time comes. You can start preplanning and choosing by looking at:
- Price Comparisons – Every cremation provider is required by law to have a general list of prices for their offered products and services. As a potential client you have the right to ask for copies of these lists to get a good idea of their prices and how they compare to one another.
- Services Fees – What is included and what is not included in services fees varies greatly, so double-check each option’s fees.
- Adding Cremation Costs to Insurance – Be sure the cremation provider you choose can be added to the funeral insurance on your current life insurance policy to help save your family money after you’re gone.
Cremation Specialist of Pennsylvania, Inc. offers experienced, compassionate and well-priced cremation services. Located at 728 Main St Avoca, PA 18641, we have a range of Harrisburg, PA cremation options. Give us a call today at (844) 427-3672 to learn more about how to choose the best cremation provider, or to get more information about what we can do for you.