One of the main reasons cremation is becoming so popular around the world is that it allows for plenty of opportunity to get creative and unique with the cremated remains. Make your deceased loved one’s Hazelton, PA cremation truly special by memorializing them in a creative way.
There are lots of classic options after cremation including scattering, inurnment, burial, entombment and more. However, you can also get even more eclectic and unique to your loved by doing things like:
- Glass Art – Cremation ashes can be transformed into glass with the help of professional glass blowers. These artists can take small portions of the deceased’s ashes and create glass art in a range of shapes, colors, and sizes. You can display the art at home on your mantel, or somewhere else special.
- Plant a Tree – Really go green with cremation, and help your deceased loved one continue to give back long after he or she is gone. Buy a biodegradable urn that’s specially made to be buried without any harmful impact on the environment. Plant the Bio Urn with some ashes and seeds inside. The ashes will help nourish the seed until it grows into a beautiful tree people can enjoy for generations to come.
- Jewelry – Keep your loved one close by placing ashes in cremation or memorial jewelry. People have been placing memories of deceased loved ones in jewelry for centuries. However, modern technology makes it easy to order personalized pieces like lockets, pendants, rings and more filled with small portions of ashes. You can order pre-made pieces online, or have a jewelry maker custom make a piece for you.
- Create A Diamond – While expensive, this memorial will really last forever. Special companies can extract carbon particles from the cremated ashes and grow a real diamond. You can personalize the color, shape or cut to make the diamond even more unique for the deceased.
- Fireworks – Help your loved one go out with a bang with a fireworks display. Some pyrotechnics companies help you scatter your loved one’s ashes by placing them inside fireworks. These incorporated ashes scatter when the fireworks go off, making for a memorable end to a memorial service.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to post-cremation memorialization. If you need more ideas, think about the deceased and their interests or unique qualities. Take inspiration from them, to make their cremated remains memorial as respectful and special as it can be.
If you want to learn more about what to do with remains post cremation, or about cremation itself, contact Cremation Specialist of Pennsylvania, Inc. We offer a wide range of cremation services in Hazelton, PA, and would be honored to help you and your family in your time of loss. Please pay us a visit at 728 Main St Avoca, PA 18641 to meet with us in person, or give us a call at (844) 427-3672 for more information on what we can do for you.